Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne
(Streamed) Symposia Series 2021
The 36th Annual Symposium on Exegetical Theology at CTSFW is titled “In Search of a Red Letter Edition of the Old Testament: The Centrality of the Son in Biblical Revelation”. It will be held January 19-20, 2021
The 44th Annual Symposium on the Lutheran Confessions at CTSFW it titled “Concordia Theological Seminary at 175 Years: Its Theology, Faculty, and Students” It will be held January 20-22. 2021.
This year, because of the coronavirus, the symposia will be live-streamed! That means that those of us who would like to attend, but can’t due to distance, may finally go!
Of particular interest to me (Pastor Rickert) this year is the Exegetical Symposium. The session titles are:
• The Son Is the Visible YHWH: Early Christian Interpretations of Old Testament Theophanies, led by Dr. Charles A. Gieschen
• Repentance for the Corinthian Community: 1 Clement’s Presentation of Christ in the Old Testament, led by Rev. Daniel S. Broaddus
• Toward a Christology of Divine Persons: Trinitarian Dialogues and the Question of Identity, led by Dr. Matthew W. Bates
• Christophanic Exegesis and the Making of Christian Theology, led by Dr. Bogdan G. Bucur
• “I will bring you down!” Jesus in the Oracles about Edom, led by Dr. Ryan M. Tietz
• Timothy and Epaphroditus as Extensions of the Christ Hymn in Philippians, led by Dr. John G. Nording
The cost to register for these Symposia is only $20.00. Deadline for registering is January 12, 2021. You can register on-line at www.ctsfw.edu/Symposia. Payment is due at the time you register.